PAPER & POSTER PRESENTATION GUIDELINES
General rules for paper and poster presentation:
- Abstracts of the posters and oral papers will be scrutinized for their presentation merit by a committee of eminent pathologists and microbiologists.
- Presenting author must be registered for the conference.
- Post graduates submitting abstract shall furnish a supporting letter from Head of the department.
- Post graduates/delegates are restricted to one oral paper or poster.
- Committee will have the rights to change the pattern of presentation (papers to posters) and acceptance or rejection on merits of abstracts.
- All presenting author should remain physically present during the designated poster and paper presentation period.
- The official language of the conference is English. Abstracts not in English will not be processed.
- There will be a first, second and third prize distribution for each categories (oral paper and poster).
- Certificate will be issued to the Presenting author.
- Abstract submission for oral papers and posters opens on 1stOctober 2017
- Deadline for abstract submission – 15thNovember 2017.
- Presenting author will be notified about acceptance or rejection of abstract latest by 25th November 2017.
- Submission of PPT for oral paper opens on 20th November 2017
- Deadline for submission of PPT for oral paper – 5th December 2017
- Deadline for submission of JPG file of poster presentation – 1st December 2017
Guidelines for submission of Abstract for oral paper/poster:
- The abstract should summarize the contents of paper/poster.
- It should not be more than 250 words.
- Abstract should be submitted in TIMES NEW ROMAN font.
- Abstract for the Oral Paper and Poster of Original Study should be structured under the headings of Introduction, Aims and objectives, Materials and Methods, Results and conclusion.
- Abstract for Poster of Case Report should be structured under the headings of introduction, case report, discussion and conclusion.
- Please mention minimum three key words at the end of abstract.
- Do not use equations, abbreviations, figures and references in the abstract.
- The sequence of the abstract should be as follows :
- Title (font size 16): should be short and concise and written in the bold letters.
- Names of the authors (font size 14): Name of the presenting author should be underlined and mention designation of presenter.
- Name of the institute and University (font size 10 italics), followed by Main content (font size 12).
- Authors should strictly adhere to the format of abstract mentioned above, which will help us to maintain uniformity in the final copy of souvenir.
- First author should be the presenter (must give mobile no and email id at the time of abstract submission).
- Please mention registration number with the abstract and All abstracts should be submitted only electronically (via email) to email@example.com as an attachment file of MS office Word 2007.
Guidelines for oral paper presentation:
- Time allotted for presentation will be 5 minutes followed by 2 minutes for discussion.
- Candidate should strictly adhere to the time schedule. Failure to do so will result in deduction of marks.
- Candidate should prepare power-point presentation with number of slides not more than 20.
- PowerPoint (PPT) presentation must be compatible with Microsoft office PowerPoint 2007 with using appropriate font size, brightness and contrast. So it can be clearly readable. It is recommended to avoid red colour letters.
- First slide should contain title, name of the authors and the name of the institute. Name of the presenting author should be underlined.
- Once the PPT of oral paper is submitted, changes will not be allowed as the power-point will be locked.
- Presenters shall submit their PPT file at the preview centre area and shall have to check for proper compatibility of their PPT with computer system at least 30 min before their presentation. If any technical problem will arise to do so, they will have been rejected.
Guidelines for e-poster presentation:
- The e-poster should be a visual presentation of your submitted abstract and should meet the following criteria :
- Title : should be the same as submitted in abstract.
- Size : the e-poster must be in a flex of 3 feet width X 4 feet length.
- Lettering : the e-poster should be easily readable at a distance of two meters. Avoid using mixture of type/font style.
- Title : include the title of your presentation at the top of the e-poster. Title should be short and concise. It should be followed by names of author and co-authors. Name of the presenter should be underlined. Name of the institution and university should follow next.
- Headings : font size of minimum 40 is recommended.
- Content : font size of minimum 20 with single spacing is recommended. The text should be concise and easy to read. The message that you intend to give should be clear and understandable without the requirement of oral explanation.
- The e-poster of original study should be structured under the headings of Introduction, Aims and objectives, Materials and Methods, Results and Conclusion, followed by a short list of references.
- The e-poster of case report should be structured under the headings of introduction, case report, discussion and conclusion, followed by a short list of references.
- JPG file of final e-poster (soft copy) shall be submitted by every presenter via E- mail.